CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Day 27: KARM

On Tuesday, I got to go serve lunch at KARM (Knox Area Rescue Ministries). Here are some random observations…
…We served 216 meals…it was a slow day.
…Many of them told me, “thank you.” In turn, I thanked them. I was stuck by the fact that is a blessing to me to get to serve them and get to be with some many people.
…when we walked into the kitchen, something was familiar. I checked my senses. It wasn’t really the sight – never been there. It was the smell or the sounds – it was like most other commercial size kitchens. I wasn’t touching anything. But what did I hear? Something strangling familiar. It was my Uncle Roger’s voice. He works at KARM, but what I heard was his voice singing on an old band CD, North Creek, from the late 90’s. Loved it.

Photo Credit

No comments:

Post a Comment