CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Day 15: Knoxville Museum of Art


Today I was at the Knoxville Museum of Art. I can't wait to go back. Here are the Top 10 reason why:
  1. Higher Ground, the standing exhibition celebrating work of Knoxville and East Tennessee. This was my favorite.
  2. They also always have an exhibit featuring different, contemporary, local artist.
  3. One of the new local artists was doing the coolest things with light.
  4. I was there are a meeting. The space is so easy, open, beautiful and adaptable. A cool, creative space.
  5. Alive After Five! I can’t wait to go back for this!
  6. It’s free. Wow.
  7. Their Director David Butler kept saying – We really have first class art – right here in Knoxville! I believe it.
  8. After leaving the Hub-Bub of Spartanburg, it is wonderful to be stepping into another city committed to the arts.
  9. They are getting an Ansel Adams!
  10. So many memories. I grew up on the great museums of East Tennessee. It is so, so exciting to be back in one of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment