CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 19, 2009

Day 18: A "Dead End"

In the midst of a day visiting great churches with Brad, hanging out with my mom, and getting in a great run, I was whipped out. But there is nothing like great b to awaken the senses. Brand new to me and brand new to Knoxville there is an awesome little place on Sutherland called the Dead End Barbeque . (It is right across from UT married student housing – where my family lived when we arrived in Knoxville in 1983.) Brad and I tried it all and declared it a new favorite. The atmosphere is lively and causal – celebrating Knoxville a great barbeque tradition
Here is their story…
"You have arrived – the end of the road, and the end of your search for great barbeque in Knoxville. Dead End Barbeque was born at the end of a dead-end street where neighbors gathered to barbeque. For more than a decade the Dead End Society honed their barbequing skills in the dead end, and in professional barbeque competitions where they achieved national recognition. The Dead End BBQ restaurant has been created to take you there. To the smells, the sounds, and the homemade tastes of an exceptional American neighborhood barbeque in Knoxville, Tennessee. Neighbors at the end of the road cooking BBQ. What could be better than that?"

3 comments:

  1. Look how much fun you are having!! I'm loving these updates. So happy for you :) Let's have a phone date soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't read your blog anymore if its going to include bar-b-queso and fried bologna sandwiches.

    I seriously have a tear in my eye for home.

    ReplyDelete