CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 19, 2009

Day 17: Litton's

After a drive around cool old neighborhoods in North Knoxville, Brad (a.k.a. “Mr. X”) and I headed to Litton’s for lunch. It’s a Knoxville institution since 1946, but I had never been the original location. They call it the best burger in Knoxville and it gets ranked as such year after year. Well, after my lunch on Saturday, I have to agree. They cooked it medium rare. Yes, medium rare. They can do that – they grind their own meat! In addition to being a family-friendly-all-American-make-norman-rockwell-happy restaurant, it’s also a market and bakery. Not to miss out, we also ordered their famous strawberry shortcake. Yep, another fabulous day in Ktown.

1 comment:

  1. Stop with this. I can't take it. I really really can't. There is no such thing as a burger like this in Africa unless it comes from my house, and those are only made with impala or ostrich... and never true cheddar cheese. BOO.

    They used to sell thumbprint cookies at their location downtown that my dad used to bring home to me when I was little.

    ReplyDelete