CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 475: 6 months

6 months.
We have been married 6 months.
I have been thinking about it all day, and here are 4 things I have thought about. I wanted to think of 6, but these 5 were perfect.
1. My grandparents have been married for over 50 years. That means we have experience less than 1% of what they have experienced.
2. Marriage is never ending. Every great thing i have been a part of had some sort of end or finish line in sight. Graduation. The literal finish line of a race. These all end relatively soon, when compared to marriage. We get to do this for years and years and years to come!
3. All the cliches are true - it seems like we just got started and at the same time it seems like we have been married forever.
4. I just started a study of Habakkuk and while the context is totally different, this quote sticks with me from that text. "You would not believe [what would happen] if you were told."
5. You can watch reruns of the local news basically any time of day. It is very convenient.
Happy anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment