CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 467 and 453: Annual Reunions


One of my favorite things about Christmas is time with my favs and favorite high school friends.
Every year, for the past 3 years, I have enjoyed our holiday Christmas Tea with my favs, who i have loved and shared life wiht for the past 8 years...almost 9! this year, I wanted them to know know...

1. Everyone needs a Christmas tree. Not when you have a "big enough place." Not when you get married. Not "next year." We are all a part of Christ's story. Now. This year. Today.

2. Christmas is about receiving! Christ is God's gift to us. Open your heart to this life giving truth.

3. We all have hard times. These girls are incredible. Amazing. Fantastically accomplished women. But even they have hard times and questions about life. And we are blessed with our friends to push us, pull us, and carry us through. Friends are God's way of taking care of us.

This 3rd point is what brings me to another fabulous holiday reunion. every year, for longer than I can remember, I get together with my wonderful high school friends, the Zins. We just get better with age. Lots has changed over the years. Loves. Loss. Marathons. Moves across the state, over the mountains, and to the big apple. Grad schools. Careers. Kids. Through each stage, we have a common thread. And even when one of us can't make it, there is always the promise of next year! These are not just my locker partners...they are soul mates.

But we missed Jess's pic taking this year. Here's some vintage Zin!

No comments:

Post a Comment