CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Day 80: Long’s Drugstore


It’s a legend. Knoxville artists have immortalized it. It’s the place for West High School kids to see and be seen before school. Freshmen football players at the University of Tennessee day dream about having their picture on the wall above the cash register. And it takes decades to become thought of as a “regular”.
It’s a Knoxville icon…but I had never been.
But now, in the midst of holiday errands, open houses, and mailing our “Save the Dates”. Brad and I made my first trip to Long’s Drugstore.
Coincidentally, when I was writing notes that morning, I got out my “Knoxville” note cards. I used the Long’s Drugstore notecard that very day! I am very sad I can't share the vintage image from that card with you. It's a rootbeer float with the store's logo on it. Oh well...

No comments:

Post a Comment