CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Day 66-67: The Proposal (Part III) The Icing on the Cake

You asked for it. Now you've got it. Our engagement story. In installments. Unedited. Uncensored. Filled with typos not doubt.

Saturday morning, I was up and at ‘em. I was ready to call friends when my alarm went off at 8am. Then, I looked outside - It Snowed!!
It was truly the icing on my cake.
I started calling friends and had a ball. I met Brad and we headed over to my grandparents*. My youngest brother, Sam*, had spent the night there since my parents where downtown. We talked. We shared the story. We teased Sam about dancing with me at the wedding. We got marriage and wedding advice from my grandparents.
Then, we took Sam to Christmas program practice and got to see more family – Cindy*, Maddie*, and Rachel*. The day was full of daydreaming, friend calling, and family seeing. Then, that evening, we got to meet Brad’s mom*, who lives in Nashville for dinner in Sevierville. With her help, we started narrowing in on a date. We had talked about next Christmas, but that seemed too far away. Maybe the summer?
I didn’t think the weekend could get any better. Then, it did.
On Sunday morning, as we lit the advent wreath in front of the church together, Ethan announced our engagement. How exciting to share of becoming a family with our new church family (see Day #).
Sunday afternoon, the daydreaming continued. I keep saying, “we’re not going to plan anything, we’re not going to plan anything yet!” But my mom just keeps pulling out these Bridal magazines and Brad keeps calling around for catering menus. So, the date is set…

July 10, 2010.


Next up: The Outtakes.

*Denotes person who knew about the engagement ahead of time. You will notice that it’s a rather large percentage of the population of Knox County. I had no idea

No comments:

Post a Comment