CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Day 65B: The Proposal (Part I)

You asked for it. Now you've got it. Our engagement story. In installments. Unedited. Uncensored. Filled with typos not doubt.

To set the scene...
Yes, I knew I wanted to marry Brad. But having just moved to Knoxville, I was thrilled simply to just be dating him in town. I kept saying – I know we’re going to get engaged. I know we’re going to get married. Whenever it happens, I just want to enjoy the season we are in. (Here’s to Emily, for modeling this advice BID.)
But…I’ll admit waiting was starting to get hard….
I had suspected Brad might propose this weekend. Maybe Saturday. I even mentioned it in jest to my roommate, Kristen*. However, as he and our friends LJ*, Casey*, Jay*, Rebecca*, and others all made weekend plans, it became clear in my mind, Brad had no plans for “popping the question.”
So, last Friday afternoon, I went home to change clothes – Brad told me to be warm. We were headed to the Christmas Parade and dinner, then ice skating. All downtown. I wrote in my journal – “Lord, I give you this weekend. I confess that I do wish we were getting engaged. But instead Lord, change my heart. Thanks for the fun things we do have hanging out with friends. Lord, I pray, pray for it to happen before new years. Please Lord, let us get engaged this year.”
Less than 4 hours after writing those words, we were engaged.

Next Up: Up on the rooftop…

No comments:

Post a Comment