CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Day 43-45/Diversion: 1st Trip Back to Spartanburg

My first trip back to South Carolina. Honestly, I didn’t want to go. Finally starting to feel at home here in Tennessee, I thought it would be hard. But it was great. Here are some highlights….
…On the way over, I got a message from Bret, my old area director for Young Life, a great friend, and a fellow former Spartanburg resident. He mentioned how we are called to be grateful – for whatever the Lord gives us in whatever season. Grateful for time with people when we have it.
…Joseph Paul was visiting from El-Shadai, Rice Bowls first orphanage partner. It was wonderful to hear him speak and get a first hand update on Lydia (his sweet wife), Jecentha (a little girl I have adopted through prayer via Hope Point Church), and all the other children!
….I cried when I saw Lauren and Lea and almost when I saw Lanie. How I miss my favs.
…Broadway. Breakfast. Anna. Alex. Nothing better.
…Angie and Ben and Andy and M.E made me feel so at home in Pauline.
…Two Doors Down!
…JLS Santa Shoppe – thanks for the hugs and the free ticket! Great to see the new Mrs. Cromer!
…”Do you mind if we go to Venus Pie for dinner?” I said. “Oh yeah, we already knew that was where you would want to go,” Loring and Katrina.
…B&N for years Amanda and Emily and I have been going there for the best conversations and car trips. Now, it’s even better. Ellie was there!
…Kristen was in town from East St. Lewis, such a fun shower with her and Hope Point friends. Too many to even mention.
…Deb, I’ll be half way home!
…Irreplaceables.
…More Josh Ridings Band CD’s
…I took a back road, US 25, home. (Thank you road slide aka Day #). It was quicker than going through Johnson City. However, the winding mountain roads slowed me a little. So did the horse wandering in the middle of the road.
…All I was trying to do was get in one more visit with Joseph Paul, pray with him and Richard, and get in a little Sweet Pea and Powder. But then I was attacked. By ants. I didn’t know what was happening. I was talking, I was happy. Then, my foot was on fire. I ran and hopped like a crazy person. Hosed off my feet in the yard. Then, Richard was rubbing my feet with vinegar. Awkward. Very, very awkward.
…Grace Management kicked off their Rice Bowls campaign! Praying, praying big!!
...Coffee on a stool in Susan's kitchen. Where I've spent many a morning.
…So glad I stayed until Saturday. Action backed and productive, personally and professionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment