CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 6, 2009

Day 36: Seasons & Sweet Tea

September 30, 2009, as I turned off of my beloved Street, I found myself on South Pine. Pine Street,: the home of my alma mater Converse College , my old office at Grace Management,, and the Rail Trail, my favorite place to run. I thought I was ready. I had said my goodbyes, had an awesome going away party, made plans for the future, and set up my upcoming visits back to the 'burg for work and play. Nearly everything I owned was in the back of a moving truck Brad was driving right ahead of me. But as I drove down the street, I saw it. The Shine on South Pine. Was I really moving 194 miles away from Sugar N' Spice.? How would I survive long afternoon's at the office without the sweet, sweet, sweet goodness and energy jolt of a Spice Tea? Could I manage? Would anything ever be the same?
In moving, I am learning that nothing is ever the same. As I just discussed with a great friend, life comes in "Seasons." Change is a beautiful, crazy, energizing, trying, motivating, energy-zapping, confusing, patience-needed, wonderful time. It is different living in Knoxville. I am different. Knoxville today totally different from the town I grew up knowing in the 80's and 90's. And I love that! If the Lord wanted me to experience the exact same things, He could have kept me in the same place. No. He wanted something different. A new season. At the moment, that means I need to be a little uncomfortable. I need to be okay with uncomfortable. My task is not to recreate every aspect of my life in Spartanburg. It is to seek after the plans He has for me. To give my life away to the people in my life - old friends, my family, and new relationships.
In this quest, I am definitely uncomfortable. I miss my favorite places. I miss my "favs". I miss being an expert on things. And I wonder when I'll start to feel comfortable again.
Then, last night, after a nice run with Harding, I thought it was the right time to reward myself. I wanted some french fries. Really good french fries. So, I headed over to Sam and Andy's. It's a great little "come as you are" kind of place. Home of the volburger. And home of really good fries, as I remembered. It's been of course I forgot, they still only take cash. But that all worked out. I was waiting on my order and went to fill my cup.
Good ice.
Sweet Tea.
Sweet, sweet, sweet tea.
Great tea.
The best tea I have had in Tennessee.
Yep, I think I can get comfortable here.

1 comment:

  1. You kill me. Really? You bring up Sam and Andy's? And even the VOLBURGER?

    Quit torturing me.

    ReplyDelete