CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 508: Babies, Babies, and more Babies


Hensley Kate.

Eva.

Caroline.

Amelia.

Will.

Wyatt.

Piper.

Cameron.

Kaylynn Grace.

And now one more of my bridesmaids is pregnant...

I am surrounded by babies.

At 2nd Pres, surrounded.

Among friends, surrounded.

Everywhere, surrounded.

Disclaimer: Often I resist the urge to write excessively about this. People seem to think that since I am married and Christian and like kids, that I want to have one immediately. But right now, I am a newlywed and eagerly enjoying this season of our life and family. I can't imagine anything else at this point.

Maybe that is because everywhere I turn, every meeting I go to, in the background of every phone call I get, there are babies. I hear them. I see them. I train people to care for them. I listen to moms and dads worry about them. I pray for them. I pray for people who want to have them. I learn about them. I love being with them. I get such a sweet fill of babies.

I think back to the text message I sent on the night I learned Caroline Grace was born. "REJOICE." That was all I typed in response. That was all I could think. And since then, that word, "REJOICE" has been on my mind. I pray continually that our hearts and lives with REJOICE at the beautiful of life. New life and the developmental discoveries babies make are such a captivting reminder. God is good. He is at work. He is worthy of our awe and worship. And when we look into cribs, we get a front row seat to the glory of His creation.

REJOICE.

No comments:

Post a Comment