CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 274: Saying goodbye

Recently, I have said "Hello" to driving a new-to-me car. I love that it's pretty, it's a jeep, and it has heated seats. It is great and I am so thankful!
But, I've still driven The Civic from time to time. Yes, "The Civic." Note the caps. This car is a part of me. Since the fall of 2000 and Shenice's wedding and Knoxville rush hour with Valerie combined to bring about the end of my high school car, I have been driving a silver honda civic. Now, with 188,000 miles on it, and thanks to Craigslist and my selling-savy fiance, I am saying good bye to the car today. In honor of this historic moment in my life, here are the top 9 most memorable moments I have had with this dependable friend.

9. Saturdays. 6:05am meet at exit 290. 6:07am pile 5 girls into the small car. 6:35am arrive at Furman. Run 2-18 miles. Pile back in the car. Drive to Spartanburg. Find rap music on the radio. listen to Bess and Loring break it down with their bad selves.
8. Folly Beach with the windows down with my brothers.
7. A Honda Accord. A Honda Civic. A Honda CRV. All at home at 701 Dupree Drive.
6. Having campus safety call me to move my car while it was parked in front of Dexter residence hall while I was a student at Converse...and again while I was a staff member.
5. February, 2009. Zaxby's to Carolina Country Club. The longest drive of my life.
4. Driving though the Dorman Center parking lot with the windows down, as some of my fav middle schoolers attempted to "row" my car with their arms.
3. Winter Break, 2001. Me, Renee, Casey and the quest for Canadian hockey.
2. Miss Lexi, then age 7, hollering from the backseat, "I love this car! I can use these things to make the windows go up or down anytime I want!"
(Clearly, the girl had never experienced non-power/non-child locked windows.)
1. Approximately 100 drives through the Smoky Mountains. Whenever possible singing "Wide Open Spaces" by the Dixie Chicks at the top of my lungs

No comments:

Post a Comment