CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 263: Father's Day and my Dad

There are not enough words, time, or emotion in the world for my to tell you in a blog post ow much my dad means to me. He is wonderful. Wonderful.

Wonderful.

When I was in college, I read Margaret Fuller's the great lawsuit. Her description of Miranda's father reminded me so much of my father, that I gave him a copy of the portion of the text. It included:

"In so far as he possessed the keys to the wonders of this universe, he allowed free use of them to her, and by the incentive of a high expectation he forbade, as far as possible, that she should let the privilege lie idle. "

Now, that I am getting married, other words are also coming to mind. The words of songs and the ever present question: What will be dance to?!?
Here are the final pics:

Isn't she lovely
Isn't she wonderful
Isn't she precious
Less than one minute old
I never thought through love we'd be
Making one as lovely as she
But isn't she lovely made from love
Isn't she pretty
Truly the angel's best
Boy, I'm so happy
We have been heaven blessed
I can't believe what God has done
Through us he's given life to one
But isn't she lovely made from love
Isn't she lovely
Life and love are the same
Life is Aisha
The meaning of her name
Londie, it could have not been done
Without you who conceived the one
That's so very lovely made from love

- Steve Wonder, "Isn't She Lovely"


I believe the light that shines on you
Will shine on you forever
And though I can't guarantee
There's nothing scary hiding under your bed
I’m gonna stand guard
Like a postcard of a Golden Retriever
And never leave till I leave you
With a sweet dream in your head

I'm gonna watch you shine
Gonna watch you grow
Gonna paint a sign
So you'll always know
As long as one and one is two
There could never be a father
That loved his daughter more than I love you.

- Father and Daughter, Paul Simon

James Taylor and the Beatles are also in the rolling. Find out July 10, around 8:30pm!

No comments:

Post a Comment