CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day 262: My Grandpa

Today, it's offical, I feel like a homeowner. The day I have waited for my whole life has arrived. I have watched my parents and aunt and uncles all experience this milestone. I have so looked forward to my turn.
Today, I called my grandfather and asked him to come work on my house!

We put up a cabinet. Since we moved in, I have wondered why a previous owner took it down. But my grandfather, the handiest-man-in-America figured out that it had previously been put up incorrectly. So, it may have fallen in the past. But he got it right. This time, it'll never, ever fall. And the lovely glasses we are receiving as thoughtful wedding gifts will have a home for years and years to come!

Here are a couple of favorite quote from Grandpa, as he was working away today:

"I feel sorry for anyone who tries to take this down, they are going to wonder what crazy old german man bolted it to the wall."

"When they demolish this house after we're all dead, this cabinet and the stud I screwed it into are going to be the last things standing."

Thanks Grandpa! And happy early Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment