CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 538: Fast Lunch

This Lent season, 2nd Pres members are fasting the mid-day meal every Thursday. It's been a neat reminder and a practical way for me to welcome the Lord into more space in my day. Some church members are also coming together for a time of devotion, solitude, and fellowship.
This week, I shared the thoughts below from a new favorite blog, burningbushes.org, authored by one of my Converse classmates, Nicole. This is reminds me, what really feeds me.

...I was reminded of the power of His Word and its sufficiency. There is so much reading at my fingertips these days, that I often forget the fact that the truest story, the best story is also the oldest story. I guess at times I can assume that because I’ve already the Bible through a number of times, it’s now old hat. I think that some email or blog post or book or article has more for me at this moment than those ancient words. I forget that God’s Word is living and active…more alive than any person living now. His Word is more relevant to me than any recent story or message...


Source

No comments:

Post a Comment