CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 15, 2010

Day 411: Cooking for 100

12 heads of lettece. 4 onions. 9 pounds of ground beef. 3 bottles of catalina dressing. Tons of chips. Cheese. Enough salsa to swim in. And more!
That's what it took to cook for 100 girls this afternoon.
Yep.
That is right.
100..ish.
And I did it all in about 90 minutes in my sweet little kitchen.
Then, once the food (and Brittany's fabulous soup and fixin's) made it to campus, the sweetest girls from the Chi O chapter at UT just kept coming and coming and coming. And Brittany and I just got to keep serving and serving and serving. They were so cute. So fun. So many great names. Kate. Kaitlin. Catherine. And Katie!
All the while, I was thinking about Rachel, Kim, Becky, and all the wonderful folks who made meals for me while I was in college in Spartanburg!
Now, I am So, so glad to pay it forward and looking forward to getting to know some of the girls better. And I am praying that my favs have yummy meals cooked for them at Clemson, Carolina, Samford, CofC, Catwaba, and even Wofford.
And, I now have a "go to" recipe for 50+ people. Thanks Mindy and Kristy!
Do you need to serve 100 people? Here is the what I recommend->

No comments:

Post a Comment