CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day 394: Big Brothers, Big Sisters


Last Thursday was my first day as a mentor at Westview Elementary. I was so excited to finally meet my "Little Sis!" We got to know one another, talked about our families, and her school.
Then, it happened.

She asked me a question I never like to hear.

A question I dread.

A question that often leads to my extreme embarrassment.

She said,
"Do you want to play basketball?"

Woah.

Basketball?

Me?

But we did.

And she lowered the goal.

And I did alright.

I pray that by the end of the year, that we really get to know one another...and that I get a little better at basketball!
So excited for next week!

Learn more about being a "Big" with Big Brothers/Big Sisters through 2nd Pres's investment and partnership with Westview.

Photo Credit

No comments:

Post a Comment