CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 10, 2010

Wedding Memories

In honor of our 2 month anniversary, here are some of my favorite memories of our wedding weekend. There are too many to hit them all, but here are a few (totally unedited, so beware of typos)...
* Thursday night. Amazing shower. Pink decorations, a perfect bouquet, lots of friends from forever and from right now, and "The Katie-tini". Seriously, how in the world did Marci plan all that from Nashville. Best MOH in history.
* From drop off on Thursday to Friday set up to every moment of the wedding - our reception venue The Women's Basketball Hall of Fame rocked!
* Tea cups. Charms. Pink table runners. Picture perfect Bridal Tea. For me and my 18 bridesmaids/junior bridesmaids, plus family at Farragut's Apple Cake Tea Room. It was one of about 7,921 things that mom amazing mother made absolutely amazing.
* Standing up at the bridal tea, it was all I could do to tell each of these amazing women just one thing they had taught me. It was a sweet, sentimental moment...and then Angie came up to ask for further clarification on her one word.
* My mother-in-law knows how to through a rehearsal dinner. Wow! From the invitations to the menu to the custom art to the appearance by "Willie Nelson" to the incredible menu and table decoration, it was wonderful. And the desserts!! Wow!
* All the rehearsal toasts. Every single one was so special. Though, a vast majority of them remarked on my lack of vocal talent. Thanks y'all.
* After the toasts were made, Brad and I stood in front of the room. I looked out over so many faces I love so much. I was overwhelmed with thankfulness as Brad expressed our graditude. I was speechless. Speechless.
* Throughout the weekend, I got to see just the right people at just the right times. Like catching Bret Allen's eye when people toasted to t-shirt designs or laughing with the preserves early on the wedding morning.
* I was so excited, that every morning that week I was up with the sun - ready to go. The morning of the wedding, 6am. Awake. Ready. It was like the lord woke me up and said, "Katie, before this day gets too busy and full of so many wonderful people, I want you to spend some time with me." I got up, ran 4 miles along the Tennessee River. I knew life was exactly as it should be and I was right where God wanted me.
* Ephesians. Husbands and wives. What an incredible calling.
* When I found out my Grandma Ce could not attend the wedding, it was the hardest moment of our engagement for me. But that morning, as I was in the salon (just before i got my makeup done, ironically), she called. It was a bitter sweet, precious conversation I will cherish forever. And throughout the weekend, it was precious to see my Aunt Debbie there, as stand in grandmother, loving me so well every step of the way.
* We did see each other before the wedding. In the picture perfect courtyard of the church (thanks to Amanda and Andrew). I will never forget it. And the only thing better than my custom earrings by Diana Warner (which I woke for the reception) was my wedding gift from Brad. It was diamond earring from his grandmother Evelyn, who passed away the month before. Thank you Uncle Randy for making her memory part of our special day!
* My bouquet was incredible, as where all of the flowers by the reknown Samueal Franklin. Perfect orchids. Perfect lighting on them. Perfect ring bouquets. Perfect everything.
* To top it off, my bouquet included a fan that my mother, grandmother, and great grandmother all carried on their wedding day. Rachel and Maddie, where you are ready, I've got your "100 YEAR OLD FAN!!"
* Right before I walked down the aisle, Bret, Kim, and Merissa led my bridesmaids and so many special women from my life in a time of prayer.
* Susan, Meredith, and Alex didn't pray with us in person, because they did about 2 million other little things and were the most beautiful, gracious, welcoming attendants in the history of weddings.
* "Jesus, You are the one, the one who makes life beautiful...." as said about Josh, Anna, and my sweet brother Sam in the prelude music.
* Brian and Rich...we loved everything about our wedding ceremony with 2 favorite pastors.
* After we took communion, we stepped to the side (literally) as the sacrament was administered to our guests. It was amazing to literally get out of the way and let Christ take center stage.
* As we were waiting on communion to conclude, Brad kissed me. Yep, that's right. we totally cheated and missed me minutes before the minister told him he could.
* You are the sun! I could not have picked a better first dance song!
* "In so far as I have possessed the keys to the wonders of this universe, I have allowed free use of them to you..." my daddy's toast still brings tears to my eyes as I blog.
* Ogle entertainment lighting - WOW! WOW! WOW!
* Rex Bradford Jones. Exceptional catering. Exceptional menu. Exceptional cake. If you are getting married in Knoxville or planning any event ever, call this man. Fabulous. Freakin' Fabulous.
* Sweet Pea and Powder. All the little details - from the napkins to the sapphire broaches adorning the wedding cake. Thanks Kathy - you made the honorary daughter's wedding wonderful.
* Converse. Converse. Those girls remembered the lyrics to our alma mater.
* The Junior League Transfers. The TKEs. The Team In Training friends. So many special groups of people in one place.
* "I will stand by you FOREVER!" Rachael was there in spirit.
* "This day must be the very best day of my life." So sweet to sing in a circle of hugs and love.
* We saw our precious parents just before we walked out the door to OAR and a mass of friends and bubbles and Matt, Brian, and Karkau rushing at our get away car.
* Maine. Amazing. Wonderful honeymoon.
* I want to do the week before and after our wedding over and over and over again.

...and too many other things to mention. I loved it. I love married life even more.
* Standing in the parlor of the church, with just my father, I was trying to take in every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment