CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day ???: Strong Women Soft Hearts

This weekend was: Windy Gap, feelings of "home", a little solitude, laughter, truth, and peace. I was at Women's Weekend! It was highlighted by friendly faces, a silly appearance on the stage, lots of coffee, and (of course) the Sippy porch.
Our speaker was Paula Rinehart, author of several books, including Strong Women, Soft Hearts. Here are a few key thoughts from the weekend...
* The Lord patiently stalked Anne Lamott...and me...and you.
* "There are parts of me that have never heard God."
* "Carry each other's burdens...[AND] each one should carry his own load." - Galatians 6:2a, 5
* My place, what I was made for, is the intersection of my deepest gladness and the world's deepest hunger.
*"God does not leave you with a list of things to do and then come back at 5pm to see if it is done." - Paula Rinehart

No comments:

Post a Comment