CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Day 185: Good Friday

This year, Brad and I attended Good Friday service at Second. It was one of the most meaningful services of my life. There are about 7 different thoughts that are racing through my head, as I sit down this morning with a good cup of coffee to journal a bit and prepare my heart for Easter. Here is just one thought, from my stream of consciousness.
The service is all about light. As the story of the passion processed, candles were extinguished and lights were put out. The was so profound to me because earlier that day, I had been doing a little wedding planning. We are having lots candlelight at our wedding. People lighting candles, holding candles, etc, etc, etc. All this made me realize, that these wonderful relationships I have in my life are actually possible becuase of Christ. Without Christ, without His sacrifice and His victory, I would not have the friends I do, the Christ-centered conversations we have, and Brad and I would not share a deep faith. The love of Christ and His work on the cross really, dramatically changed my life - not just in the eternal, but right here, right now. My life and relationships are so different because of Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment