CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 26, 2010

Great Strides for CF

Raccoon Holler...Dr. Horvath Office...Hardees...
Words can't describe the incredible memories and all the lessons I learned as a YL leader during my college years. I got to learn from an incredible team, and I got to walk with amazing girls. In particular, the Dorman girls of 2001 really shaped my life. (See Day #4)
Two of my favorite girls from that class were together in an email this morning, as Laura shared her interest in the CF walk and the story of her incredible fiend Jenny. I am so excited to be on her "team"!
Love you!

Jenny and I met our Freshman year of high school. We were both new to the area and looking to meet new friends. Since then, we have become very close...so close that I was the maid of honor in her wedding, and she was the matron of honor in my wedding. Jenny has a heart of gold, and a positive attitude that is very contagious to those around her. In August of 2008, Jenny gave birth to Maddie. Maddie is one of the cutest and sweetest 1.5 year olds ever. One can tell that she has amazing parents who love her and teach her the good in life. Unfortunately, Maddie's Mom suffers from Cystic Fibrosis. This year, I'm walking in the GREAT STRIDES walk at the 2010 Richmond - Innsbrook walk on 05/15/2010. Please help me meet my fundraising goal of $3,000.00 by sponsoring me. Your generous gift will be used efficiently and effectively, as nearly 90 cents of every dollar of revenue raised is available for investment in vital CF programs to support research, care and education. Cystic fibrosis (CF) is a devastating genetic disease that affects tens of thousands of children and young adults in the United States. Research and care supported by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is making a huge difference in extending the quality of life for those with CF. However, we continue to lose precious lives to CF every day. That's why your help is needed now more than ever to ensure that a cure is found sooner - rather than later. To learn more about CF and the CF Foundation, visit www.cff.org.

Join Laura's Team->

4 comments:

  1. Awwww Katie! Loved this post! I remember Dr. Horvath's office too! And I am kind of partial to your Dorman 2001 girls too!!! Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am going to try this again...so please forgive it posts twice. I loved this post!!! And I am partial to your 2001 YL girls too! Good memories of dropping off at Dr. Horvath's office. Love you Miss Katie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, THANK YOU Katie!!!! You are awesome. I think about our fun times together soooo often! Oh-how I miss our Hardee's mornings. :)

    I love your blog and I hope that wedding planning is going well. I love you so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie,
    Loved this post! I too, remember dropping the girls off at Dr. Horvath's office for YL. Good, good memories......and you helped shape our girls more than you can know! Love you!! -Anita Humphries

    ReplyDelete