CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Our First Christmas

I started to blog about the top moments of Christmas so far...but there are too many. Maybe I will do that later. It has been picture perfect. But, I am reminded, that is not what it is all about. Jesus entered our rough, broken, imperfect world. So I can come before Him in any way, in any condition. He is my present this Christmas.

Below is my Christmas prayer. This is what I meant to say last night during our family worship at 2nd Pres. I think I remembered most of it. But I was so in love with how our kids literally entered into Jesus's story during the live nativity, that I don't even remember what I said.

Father God,

We praise You for the gift of our Children,
May we always cherish them.

We praise You for time with our family, our friends, and our church,
May we savor it.

We praise You for the truth of the Christmas story,
May we believe it with our whole hearts and let it transform our lives.

Most of all, we praise You for the gift of your Son,
That we don't just hear or read the Christmas story,
But just like every child in the live nativity gathers on the altar around the manger,
We too are invited to come.
To live with Jesus.

We are a part of the Christmas story!

Let us know Him as our Savior and as our Lord,
And let that change our lives forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment