CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 21, 2010

386: The Cross

Last night I went with Brad to "The Cross". He has been hanging out with some college guys over the past few weeks and looking for ways to serve this ministry. The Cross is all about reaching out to the Greek community through the Gospel of Jesus Christ, to establish a community of believers, and to equip them to impact the environment to which God calls.
It was free snacks, great worship, and sincere teaching. This week the guest speak stayed with the theme of "community" (I think that's the theme of the semester. Maybe?) Anyway, he spoke of "Matt" a.k.a. the guy at capernium whose friends dug through a roof and made their way around the huge crowd, just to get their cripped friend in front of Jesus. And getting in front of Jesus changed his life, because of their faith. It no doubt change his life in more ways than just the physical.
I want to be a friend like that. And I want to have friends like that. I want to be so insanely passionate about getting my friends in front of Christ. Whatever it takes. And I want to be the kind of friend that doesn't try to fix things myself, but rather I want to set up my friends to encounter Christ in such a way that He can work in their life. Not me. Not only do I want to have these kind of friends, I want my friends to have other friends who feel the same way and to be that type of friends to others.
Whether we realize it or not, we all need to be in front of Jesus.
And we all need friends to help get us there.

No comments:

Post a Comment