CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 31, 2010

Day 240: Mother/Daughter Shower


It is right for me to feel this way about all of you since I have you in my heart. - Philipians 1:7

Those were the words on the napkins made for my shower this weekend. After a nice Friday of visiting and introducing my mom to my favs, she and I arrived the Saturday morning to gorgeous brunch with girls, mothers, daughters, and friends. The invitations where the prettiest I had ever seen. We were in the Young's home, where I used to meet for Bible study (a.k.a. Breakfast group) on Fridays. The home so lovely, recently rebuilt after a tragic fire last year. The whole weekend, I was so aware - how things change and how they are still constant. I really felt like Spartanburg was no longer my home. But I still loved being there. I am no longer with these folks all the time, but they still know me so well (as evident in their choices of gifts for me). Just like the Young's home was new, the girls lives in college are new, my life with Brad is a new wonderful adventure. I love, love, love what we had. But I am also so, so glad to carry these sweet friends into my life in the future.

Oh, and the menu...coffee, pink lemonade, and strawberry tea. Brekafast casserole, pastries and treats, and Mrs. Hudson's susage rolls. And, of course...the Tiller's world famous grits!

No comments:

Post a Comment