CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Day 107: JLK Transfers

I joined the Junior League to impact my community. I transferred to the Knoxville League in order to get invovled in this area. Honestly, all along, I thought it would be a way to connect with other women. Well, no that I am back in Knoxville, I realize I could not be more correct. I've had fun reconnecting with Farragut and Converse friends. Plus, there is a great group of women who have also transferred into the Knoxville League. We have been learning about the city and getting to know each other. Last night, some of us got together for a fun girl dinner at Stir Fry.

Here's a toast to our fun transfer group!

Here's to Shana! Shana is California girl with Southern charm, balancing kids, volunteer work, and always looking perfect.

Here's to Lee! Lee is sassy and savvy about all things Knoxville. This interior decorator always brings life to the party...and always has on a cute top.

Here's to Mandy! Mandy and I might be living parallel lives. We both worked in higher ed. We are the same age. We were both raised in Tennessee. Our chruch search has taken us in similar directions. Her boyfriend Greg seems very similar to Brad, and they are enjoying a romance that spans a couple hours drive.

Here's to Melissa! Melissa is the newest of the new and also a newlywed. In a few weeks, she has already become one of my favorite people to chat with - wedding ideas, lots of laughing, and sharing Christ!

Here's to Nancy! Nancy is the working mom who gives great Christmas ornaments, who moved in a matter of weeks.

Here's to Megan! Megan is another mom with kids to keep her busy. Like the rest of us, she's trying to survive the cold winter, and I am looking for to getting to know her.

Here's to Annazette! Annazette is educating us all on how to survive the cold this winter. She came from Iowa, so she can handle this.

Here's to Abigail! Abigail and I hit it off right away. I have a feeling she hits it off with everyone. Sweet and fun, with great taste in restaurants, Abigail is the picture of Southern hospitality.

Here's to Mariann! Mariann was literally my first new friend in Knoxville. After meeting her at a general memebership meeting, she called me for lunch and the rest is history. Marriage moved her to Knoxville, so she's also been a fun resource on all things about getting married. Plus, she's from Texas, so she helps me understand Brad. Haha.

Now, I must toast our fearless leaders. Amelia is the ultimate connector. She actually transferred herself, as life moved her and her husband to the Virgin Islands a month ago. We're following their BVI adventures. Finally, there is Sarah. Through every change, Sarah's teaching us about he League and providing a fabulous Introduction to Knoxville. She always has an answer and introduces us to fun folks like Shazi. She's a convert to the south and my go-to for Knoxville info!

Here's to the JLK Transfers!

1 comment:

  1. Here's to you KTL! You are so wonderful! See you soon!
    -SHS

    ReplyDelete